Top 10 tips for Returning Employees
Top 10 Tips
- Keep in touch with your employer when you are absent.
- Actively participate in your return-to-work program.
- Understand the value of work for health and recovery.
- Learn the symptoms and triggers of your mental health problem.
- Learn the effects of any medications you are taking and how these might impact on your work.
- Learn techniques for stress management.
- Discuss return to work with your healthcare professional.
- Seek help from healthcare professionals, family, friends and colleagues when you need it.
- Discuss and address barriers to return to work.
- Have an agreed plan with your supervisor to manage the possibility of relapse.